This knowledge base article provides information on commonly asked questions regarding fiscal year-end and payroll year-end. Keep in mind that a fiscal year-end and payroll year-end are two separate functions and do have not relations to each other. A fiscal year is a financial year you set up for your business and varies between businesses. Whereas a payroll year is a calendar year starting on January 1st and ending on December 31st of the same year.
Fiscal Year-End FAQ
- Perform a Fiscal Year-End
- Can a fiscal year-end close be reversed?
- Year-End option grayed out in Utilities menu
- Not responding message when performing fiscal year-end close
- Error: "The Control file is currently unavailable (busy)" when trying to get into System Setup or doing a fiscal year-end
- Year-end process and File in Use message
- Error 00009 on Notes.btr when doing fiscal year-end close
- After Fiscal Year-End, general ledger reports are incorrect
Payroll Year-End FAQ:
- Perform a Payroll Year-End
- How to tell if a payroll year-end has been completed
- Does the payroll update have to be installed before doing a payroll year-end close
- Error: "A Payroll year-end has already been processed for calendar year xxxx. You cannot proceed with this option."
- Reopen payroll year-end
- Payroll Year-End was not performed and timecards have been processed in new year
- Can you void a cheque in last payroll year?
- Payroll Year-end performed after first timecards for the subsequent year have been processed
- How to adjust T4 amounts
- T4 not printing amounts for last payroll year but year previous
- Wrong Year on T4
- Password for payroll update not working
- How to enter a bonus cheque in payroll?
- How to adjust payroll for a closed year?
- Why is the payroll update not updating the tax table?
- Does the payroll update need to be installed on all computers