Understanding Data Integrity: The data integrity check will warn of possible serious errors in your data.
- Select Maintenance, Check Data Integrity to ensure your accounts and sub-ledgers balance.
- The left side (L) of the Integrity Summary window is the General Ledger balance as of the latest transaction date
- The right side (R) of the Integrity Summary window is the balances associated with your customers, vendors, or employee
- The A/P balance (L) should always match the Unpaid Invoices (R) like the example below
WARNING: If your data file uses a foreign currency, you should not follow this article. Contact Customer Support. Unlinking A/R and A/P will ruin the foreign balances of those accounts.
- Select Setup, Settings, Company, then Currencies to check if you are using foreign currencies.
- If there is more than the home currency, then you are using foreign currencies.
- Contact Customer Support for data repair at 1-888-522-2722.
If you sent the file to your accountant using the Accountant Edition:
- The accountant made a general journal entry directly to the control account instead of the module in question.
- EXAMPLE: You should post A/R adjustments in the Sales Invoice module.
- Return the backup file to the accountant to void the general journal entry(ies) that affected the control account.
- Restore the voided entries the accountant returned.
- If the accountant will be making the entries:
- You could make those entries in the module in question or,
- disregard the data integrity issue if they prefer to keep using the General Journal for adjustments.
- For example, if it is for Accounts Payable, you should be making entries and adjustments in the purchase invoices module.
- Your company file cannot have a data inconsistency while in History mode.
- Select Maintenance, then Check Data Integrity.
- It should now be equal to the line that you just fixed.
- Repeat if you have other lines for the affected account in question.
If you did not send the file to an accountant using Accountant Edition:
- Pro, Premium and Quantum users are not able to post to linked accounts like Accountant Edition users.
- Make a backup of your data.
- Select Setup, Settings.
- Select the appropriate section for the affected module.
- Payables (Vendors & Purchases)
- Receivables (Customers & Sales)
- Payroll Income
- Select Linked Accounts
- Highlight the account. For example:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Sales/Deposits
- Vacation Payable
- Payroll Advances)
- Select Delete button on your keyboard
- The field should now be blank.
- Select OK to close the window.
- Follow the Troubleshooting steps below.
- After you have resolved the issue, you will need to re-link the Linked Accounts you unlinked in the above steps.
Option 1: Total Debit and Total Credit not matching / Retained Earnings opening balance is not correct
Option 2: My Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable balances do not match my Unpaid Invoices
- See The Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable balance does not match the Unpaid Invoices in the Data Integrity Window
Option 3: My Deposit (or Prepayment) Account Balance is not equal to my Pre. Order. / Deposit / Prepayment while in history mode
- See My Deposit (or Prepayment) Account Balance is not equal to my Pre. Order. / Deposit / Prepayment
Option 4: Advances & Loans Receivable Balance does not match my Advances and Loans Paid
Option 5: My Vacation Payable Balance does not match my Vacation Pay Owed
Option 6: Goods Received Balance does not match Uninvoiced Goods Received
Option 7: Delivery Orders Balance does not match Uninvoiced Delivery Orders