Why am I opening the wrong company file. Where is my company file?
Method 1: I can open the file in Sage 50 but I need to find the location
- Select File, then Properties to display the file name and location.
- Click on the blue hyperlink.
- You will be able to see the direct file location in a Windows Explorer window.
Method 2: I can't find the location and my computer has never been changed and I recently opened my data file
- In the Open Company window, select the inverted triangle in the filename box.
- Below the filename box will now show a list of locations the file was previously accessed.
- Select the necessary file and click Open.
Method 3: Use the Windows search tool
- On your keyboard, hold the Windows key then press E key to open Windows Explorer.
- Select View, Options, then Change folder and search options.
- Select the Search tab.
- Add a checkmark for Include compressed files (ZIP, CAB...).
- Select OK.
- On the upper right side of the Explorer window in the search text field type *.sai in the search text field and press the Enter key.
- You can also search for *.cab backup files that you can restore using the steps in How to restore from a backup.
- You should see all the Sage 50 files with the .sai extension in the results that populate.
- Scroll through the list until you locate your company files. The path to the file on the computer will also be listed within the search results.