The Sage 50 Canadian Edition Obsolescence Policy is to support the current release. “Support” means that we will have live Customer Support (phone and chat) and access to other add-on products or services available for an additional fee. Older versions of our products are not supported because often specific software performance enhancements are not compatible with older technology. “Sage 50 Accounting” and “Sage 50” will mean to include all editions of Sage 50 Accounting, Sage 50c Accounting, and Sage 50cloud Accounting.
Sage’s products are designed to work with certain third party software and operating systems and support provided by Sage needs to be consistent with support provided by third parties, such as Microsoft. As an example, since Microsoft no longer supports Windows Vista, Sage is unable to support older versions of Sage 50 Accounting running on these versions due to compatibility issues. Additionally, should a certain software product, add-on product, feature or service, either from Sage or a third party, not be available on our website, it is because it has been discontinued and is no longer supported.
We strongly encourage customers on non-supported software to upgrade to the most current version of Sage 50 Accounting to ensure access to full support and the latest software technology to help your business. Please note:
- Only customers with a current support plan are eligible to receive Customer Support
- Sage 50 Accounting 2023 payroll support ends December 1, 2023, product support ends 3/31/2024
- Sage 50 Accounting 2024 support ends Nov 30th 2024
- Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 as of January 14, 2020. Any Sage 50 updates released after this date will not have been tested for compatibility with Windows 7 and you may need to update your operating system in order to continue using Sage 50 after this date
- Microsoft will end support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 as of January 14, 2020. Any Sage 50 updates released after this date will not have been tested for compatibility with Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2.
- As of April 11, 2017 Microsoft no longer supported Windows Vista, therefore some features and functionality of Sage 50 may not work with Windows Vista. Any Sage 50 updates released after this date will not have been tested for compatibility with Windows Vista and you may need to update your operating system in order to continue using Sage 50.
- Accessibility to any add-on products and connected services (Payroll features and functionality, Paya, Inc., Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting, EFT Direct, Direct Payments) requires you to be on the most current version or update (whichever is most recent) of Sage 50c Accounting.
- In order to have access to any payroll features and functionality and to receive payroll updates, you must be using one of the following:
1. the most recently released version or update (whichever is most recent) of Sage 50 Accounting plus a current plan that includes payroll services;
2. a current retail version of Sage 50 Pro Accounting with Payroll
- In order to receive a current product update, you must have a current support plan.
To get the current release of Sage 50 Accounting call 1-888-261-9610.