- The verification process of the backup extracts (unzips) the company files.
- It follows up this step by opening the data in just a few seconds after the backup is complete.
- But the connection manager (CM) is required in order to open the database.
- If the backup location was a network attached storage (NAS) device, the CM can not even be installed.
- So the verification process will always fail.
- Unfortunately, deselecting the verification during the backup process will still incur this warning message.
- But the backup will technically be successful. The backup file will exist.
- Save location is not accessible through backup wizard.
- The Internet connection failed or was disconnected, therefore the Connection Manager is not running.
- You can continue using the NAS location and you can ignore the warning message.
- You can backup differently, using an alternative method.
Method 1: Start Connection Manager
- Go to Windows start menu and type in the search engine "Sage 50 Connection Manager"
- Click and open the program
- Press on "Start service"
- Do your backup
Method 2: Third party backup
- Once you know the default location of your daily or weekly automatic backups.
- (%public%\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download\), use Windows backup or some other third party product to backup the content of these backups to the NAS (or some other desired location).
Method 3: Backup locally then copy to wanted location
- Manually backup to a different location on the local hard drive (C:\), then copy or move this backup to the NAS (or some other desired location).
Method 4: Location is on mapped drive on Server
- Verify you have access to the mapped drive.
- Verify the rights have not been altered on the Server folder.
- Right-click on Sage 50 in the start menu, then select Run as Administrator
- When launching Sage 50, agree to User Account Control prompt to allow the program to run
Method 6: Verify the SAJ
- Ensure there are no unwanted contents in the SAJ folder
- If unsure how to verify the SAJ folder, contact support
Method 7: The data is on Sage Drive
- Unshare the data from Sage Drive
- Reshare the data
- Try doing the backup again
Method 8: Local backup is set to a One Drive location
- Setup One Drive local folders again - Contact Microsoft support - https://support.office.com/en-us/home/chat?ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=S.HP.Main
- Use local folder on C:\\ to backup instead
- Or use the Cloud backup option
Turn On or Off Verify Backup File After Back Up Completion